Archie's Question Answered



I received an email from friend and fellow reader, Archie wondering what he should do with his hair. Below is an excerpt from his email.

So... I need some advice. It has been a long time since I have cut my hair. Right now it is about 10 inches long, and I have it pulled back into a couple of ponytails. Normally, I don't care about looking nice, but there is someone that I want to impress, and now I need to ditch the hippie look because I am not Beckham.

My questions are: do you know an affordable stylist that you could recommend, and what kind of style should I go for? I stay busy working, so I like having something that keeps my hair out of my face, and I do like it longer, but then it is harder to keep in order. Part of me would just like to shave it all off again because that is very low maintenance, but I don't want the angry skinhead look.

Any thoughts or advice you have would be greatly appreciated because I am pretty much clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. 

My suggestion...

Its hard to suggest something because I haven't seen you in a few months. Basically, have it long enough that you can put your hair behind your ears and so that it does not touch the collar of your dress shirt. It does not have to be all one length though. I recommend you go to Aveda in SoHo:

233 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 807-1492

For a stylish but affordable haircut students cut your hair and an instructor is always there. You need to call and set up an appointment and you will need about an hour there. Feel free to ask them what they think you should do. Hope this helps.

Above, is a picture of model Jonatan Frenk in Band of Outsiders with a possible direction or inspiration for the new DO. image via GQ.

Do you have any suggestions for Archie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...