Meet and Greet...Vanessa Shokrian Wardrobe Stylist



-What is your job title? I guess I would call myself a wardrobe stylist....but I am assisting most of the time.

-What and where did you study? I studied business at USC, with an emphasis in entrepreneurship.

-How did you get started in this industry?
I had internships in college at Angeleno magazine and at Armani's west coast press office.

-What is a typical day like?
If I have a job, I'm either shopping or pulling clothes for a shoot, or I am assisting on a fitting or a shoot. If it's a shoot day, I'm up very early to get wardrobe to the location, and set up for the day. If it's a day that I'm pulling clothes, I'm driving all over town to stores and showrooms, loading my car with as much as possible!

-What inspires you?
French Vogue. Corinne Roitfeld. She is the editor of French Vogue. She is the most stylish woman I can think of. And music inspires me.

-How would describe your style?
Casual. I love to dress down and be comfortable.

-What are you listening to on your Ipod?
Depeche Mode, Van Morrison, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Marvin Gaye

-How does your experience with celebrity styling compare to such shows like the Rachel Zoe Project?
I actually get anxiety when I watch that show because I know how it feels to be frantic and stressed when it comes to work. But I think that show is dramatized because it's a show...it's not real!

-¿Cuál es tu puesto de trabajo?
Supongo que me llamaría un estilista de vestuario .... pero la mayor parte del tiempo estoy asistiendo.

-Qué y dónde estudiaste?
Yo estudié empresariales en la USC, con un énfasis en el espíritu empresarial.

¿Cómo empezaste trabajando en esta industria?
Tuve prácticas en la universidad en la revista Angelino y en Armani en la oficina de prensa de la costa oeste.

-Como es un día típico?
Si tengo un trabajo, voy de compras o busco ropa para una sesión de fotos, o estoy asistiendo en una para probrarse la ropa. Si es el día de la sesion de foto, me levanto bien temprano para traer la ropa al estudio, y preparar todo para el día. Si es un día que estoy buscando ropa,voy en mi auto por toda la ciudad a las tiendas y salas de exposición,y lleno mi carro con lo mas posible!
-Qué te inspira?
Vogue francés. Corinne Roitfeld. Ella es la editora de la revista francesa de Vogue. Ella es la mujer más elegante que me pueda imaginar. Y la música me inspira.

-¿Cómo describirías tu estilo?
Me gusta vestir casual y estar cómoda.

-Que estás escuchando en tu iPod?
Depeche Mode, Van Morrison, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Marvin Gaye,

¿Cómo comparas tu experiencia como estilista de celebridades con los programas de telelvision tales como The Rachel Zoe Project?
En realidad me da ansiedad, cuando veo lo que muestran porque sé cómo se siente estar desesperado y estresado cuando tiene que ver con el trabajo. Pero creo que es una dramatizasion porque es un espectáculo ... no es real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...