San Francisco Pt.3

This was probably one of my favorite days in San Fran. The Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate park has free admission on Friday from 9am-10am. I arrived at 9:30am (don't judge me) and there was a docent giving a free tour. Please tip at the end of the tour. The tour was really extensive and lasted about an hour. There is so much history there and its so serene. It was built before WWII so you know there was drama after that happened. Visiting the garden was an amazing cultural experience.

Este día fue uno de mis favoritos en San Fran. El Jardin Japones en el parque de Golden Gate tiene entrada gratis los viernes de 9am-10am. Llegue a las 9:30am (no me juzguen) y me encontre con el docente dando un tour gratis. Por favor denle una propina al final del tour. El tour fue bien detallado y dura aproximadamente una hora. Hay tanta historia en ese lugar y es tan tranquilo. El jardin fue construido antes de la segunda guerra mundial entonces sabes que hubo tremendo rebulu. Visitando el jardin fue una experiencia cultural.


After the the garden I headed back downtown and stopped at City Hall. Where coincidentally I caught the next free tour! The docent there was very knowledgable and not only told us about all the upgrades the building went through but also explained the political system and history in San Francisco. Whilst I was there there was the Polish Folk Ensemble of San Francisco performing in front of the grand stairs. Truly an impressive building and show. 

Después del jardín me fui hacia downtown y visite la alcaldía. Estando allí encontré que otro tour gratis! El docente era muy conocedor y no solo nos dijo acerca del edificio pero también de la historia de la ciudad y del sistema político de la ciudad. Dentro de la alcaldía había un grupo de bailarines polacos. Realmente es un edificio increíble. 




My mother met up with me at city hall. Now, what made this day even more serendipitous was where we ate lunch. We left City Hall not really knowing where we were going just knowing we had to find somewhere to eat. After five minutes without seeing any restaurants I saw a Taco Bell on the next corner. Before you jump to conclusions I saw a place right next to it, Brenda's French Soul Food, and that is where went.

Mi mamá me encontró en la alcaldía. Ahora, lo que hizo este día aun mas increíble fue adonde mi mama y yo almorzamos. Nos fuimos de la alcaldía y sin idea donde íbamos solo sabíamos que teníamos que comer. Después de caminar por cinco minutos sin ver un solo restauran vi un Taco Bell en la otra esquina. Antes que empieces a asumir cualquier cosa yo vi el sitio al lado, Brenda's comida francesa criolla, ahí es donde fuimos.   

this is my mom, isn't she pretty?

From the outside Brenda's doesn't really say much but once inside, well, it's a whole different story.

Desde afuera no dice nada, pero al entrar es una historia totalmente diferente.




I loved every aspect of this place, the food, ambience, service, everything.

Me encanto cada aspecto de este lugar, la comida, el ambiente, el servicio, todo.

I had the Turkey Po'Boy
Red beans and Rice and andouille sausage and other good stuff!
To be honest the saddest part of the trip was that I didn't know when I'd be back to San Francisco so until then I bid San Francisco Adieu.

En verdad la parte mas triste del viaje fue que no sabia cuando regresaría a San Francisco, hasta entonces le digo hasta luego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...