Scents 101: Tous Man

Spanish brand TOUS reached out and asked if I'd like to try out one of their newest colognes, TOUS Man. They sent it along with a description and I encountered a whole new set of vocabulary I wasn't familiar with. The cologne smells great and I couldn't quite put my finger on the best way to describe the scent to others. So here goes, I did a bit of research and found this handy glossary from In To The Gloss, thanks!

Top Notes: Orange, Grapefruit breeze - Which means, it's the lightest note and the first thing you smell.

Heart Notes: Mint, Guaiac wood - They lie somewhere in the middle of the notes and usually deal with florals

Base Notes: Tonka beans, is from a seed and is very vanillic with a hint of cinnamon. Vetiver, is an essential oil from the roots of tall grass form India but can also be found in Haiti.

In short I would describe this scent as light and fresh. It smells better and better as time time goes by.


Shawl Collar sweater- Banana Republic | Long Sleeve Tee- Mack Weldon
Photographer: Dan Murphy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...